Sunday, May 6, 2012

Last night as we were walking on the beach we saw the most beautiful sunset behind us, and a full moon that appeared to be the largest of the year before us.  We watched as it slowly rose over the horizon, shedding light on the water below.  At one point it look as though there was a lighted path from as far as  we could see in the  distance over the water right up to the shoreline where we were standing.  (the picture doesn't do the moon justice).   As I stood there in awe, I imagined Jesus walking down that path on the water with his hands reaching out toward me.  I had a sense of peace as I thought of when He would return one day.  While no one knows the time or the place of His return, we know He is coming. But as I continued to look out over the ocean, I felt as if He were saying to me from the glow of the moon "I am here, And I am now".  We watched as the moon continued to rise, peeking in and out of the clouds.  I looked behind to see the last brush of color across the sky from the setting sun.  I was surrounded by glory.   It was a good night. 

 "......and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters".  Genesis 1:1

No comments:

Post a Comment