Tuesday, May 8, 2012


“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”
Matthew 6: 25-27
                                                                      Birds


This morning I was sitting with a group of ladies on a front porch during a Bible study.  We commented on the beautiful flowers that surrounded us and the singing of the birds.  That led one lady to tell a story about a nest that a bird had built in a low hanging plant in her carport.  She said she enjoyed watching the young birds over time as the mother flew back and forth bringing them food.  As she watched them grow, she noticed that when they were ready to leave the nest and try out their wings, they didn’t go very far.  The nest was too close to the ground. You see young birds don’t have the ability to fly up, only out or down. All they could do was fly around the carport or sit on the ground.  My friend’s husband realized the problem and somehow put the nest with the young birds in it on the edge of the roof.  Soon they took off, flying high and strong. 

I started thinking about that story and realized that I was so much like those young birds.  So many times I have found myself in a “low” place..too close to the ground, and closed in.  I fly in circles, never going anywhere.  Then it never fails, my Heavenly Father reaches down and picks me up.   He gently puts me in a higher place where I can leap out in faith and fly. 

What a wonderful feeling!

Peace,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment