Saturday, January 21, 2012

Can You Hear Me?


Being a teacher in my past life, I recall many days that I wanted to crawl into a hole and cover up my ears.  I thought if I heard my name being called out one more time I was going to scream.  The children didn’t seem to understand that I could only listen to one question, story or demand at a time.  I used to tell them that my ears were going to fall off because they were so heavy from all of the noise inside of them.  Of course the kids just gave me a blank look.

Do you think God ever feels that way?  Can you imagine how much “noise” He hears every day?  I only had 18 or so children needing my attention all at once, but just think of how many of us God has to listen to at one time?  I can’t even comprehend the thought.  I guess that is why He is God.  1 John 5:14 says “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us”.  I often wondered (and still do) how God could really keep up with all of us and our requests (and sometimes demands).  I struggle daily in wondering if He really hears me when I pray or call on His name.  But I have to maintain my faith and believe that He does.  He is God and He can see and hear all things.  What a comfort that is!  I just have to accept and have confidence that “if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us”.  I’m glad to know that He is always listening!

 

Peace,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment