Wednesday, January 11, 2012

All I Need

Ps. 91: 14-16

“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”


.
Shamefully I must admit that I sometimes wonder what God has done for me lately.  I guess I have gotten used to having a place to live, clothes to wear, and food to eat.  I have gotten used to having my needs met without even thinking about it.  So naturally I think I deserve more.  (ouch!)  Then every once in a while I give myself a reality check.  I was reading Psalm 91 today and realized this was one of those times.  I started thinking, God is the Almighty One.  He created the heavens and earth just by speaking.  He created me just by loving.  And He saved me just by giving.  Yet I think I deserve more?  He did all that for me, and all I have to do in return is acknowledge His name.  Sounds pretty simple to me.  And here’s the best part.  In return the God of the universe will be with me in trouble,  honor me, satisfy me with long life, and show me His salvation. I certainly don’t deserve any of that!  But yet He hands that to me every day on a silver platter, no questions asked.  Read Psalm 91 today and ask yourself what more do you deserve.  I know my answer, “I have all I will ever need”

Peace,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment