Wednesday, January 25, 2012

…Be honest in your estimate of yourselves, measuring your value by how much faith God has given you.  Just as there are many parts to our bodies, so it is with Christ’s body.  We are all parts of it, and it takes every one of us to make it complete, for we each have different work to do.  So we belong to each other and each needs all the others.

Romans 12:3-5

(The Living Bible)

I’m Right And You’re Wrong!

How many times have you been a position that you would do almost anything to prove that you were right?  I have been feeling that way a lot lately.  My husband and I have been married for only 5 months and it has been the biggest blessing in my life, but…. It has been an adjustment!  We are both so set in our ways and I struggle with wanting to prove myself right to him so much of the time.  It’s really nothing he has done (except not doing things my way), but it is the pressure I have put on myself.  I somehow feel so much of my self worth is wrapped up in the way other people see me.  I want to be seen as strong and confident and right.  Not mixed up and confused.  I think that if I am wrong about something, I have failed.  Because of this struggle, I find myself looking at the little things that bother me instead of the things that are really important.  Now I feel that it is good to stand up for something you believe in, and fight for what is right, but does that include when to leave the light on and when to turn it off? 

 Go back and read the passage at the top again.  Think about what it is really saying.  We are all important and valued by God.  He doesn’t care if we are right or wrong, he just cares about us.  Stop and take time to read the entire chapter of Romans 12. I think you may get a little more understanding of what God thinks is important.  I find comfort in knowing that I don’t have to prove myself to Him.  I just have to have faith to accept myself for who I am, I also must accept others for who they are as well.  It doesn’t matter if we all agree when the light should be turned on, or when it should be turned off.  The main thing is that we work together, merging our own unique ways of living in order to present ourselves complete before God. The light will be on when I stand before him on judgement day.  I hope He likes what He sees!

Peace,
Kelly




      No comments:

      Post a Comment