Thursday, December 29, 2011

Victories

Take joy in the little victories in your life.  That is what I hope to do in the new year.  We all have different definitions of victory.  Of course when I think of the word victory I think of “winning” something; coming in first place or at least beating someone else.  But it is so much more than that.  A true victory is accomplishing something you may not really have a desire to do.  It is easy to train for a marathon if you are a runner, or train for a swim meet if you love the water.  But how easy is it to really work at something you don’t like? 
True victories come from struggles to just make it through sometimes.  True victories also come from failures.  A victory can come in the form of a kind word when you really don’t feel like talking.  Or taking a few extra minutes out of your day to help someone else when all you want to do is go home and curl up on the couch.  A victory can come when you say I’m sorry, I was wrong, or I forgive you.  A victory may come in the form of saying no to something you know is not right or is not good for you.  A victory can also come from saying yes, or I will try my best. 

For some people getting out of bed and choosing to move forward is just as big of a victory as winning a gold medal.  We all have our challenges and our battles that we must fight within ourselves.  Remember the song “Victory in Jesus”?  I am reminded that I don’t have to be the best at everything I do to be victorious in my life.  My victory comes in Jesus who “sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood.” 

As the New Year approaches remember that we can be victorious daily when we ask for the help of the one who experienced the ultimate victory over death.   Face the challenges in your life head on and appreciate each victory, no matter how big or small it might seem. 

Peace,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment