Saturday, December 17, 2011

How Did I Get Here?

                                                                            

Have you ever ended up somewhere you didn’t want to be and you’re not quite sure how you got there?  This is my dog Ellie, and my son-in-law likes to put her in “time out” in some very strange places.  She looks like “what just happened to me...one minute I’m running down the road free as a bird, and next minute I’m stuck up here!”  As funny as this may seem, I think we have all been in Ellie’s spot at one time or another.  We tend to do what we want, when we want to, and we fail to think of the consequences.  We get ourselves in some pretty hairy spots. We don’t know how to get out of them without someone reaching out their hand and helping us.  Isn’t that the way it is with God?  He is always reaching out his hand to get us out of the hole we dug for ourselves, back to the shore when we are up a creek, and down from the tree when we are out on a limb.  Ellie was eventually taken down and went on her happy little way, and I bet she will run down the street again , but at least she has someone to save her from herself.
I’m glad we do too!
·         Peace,
K    Kelly
·          

Top of Form

No comments:

Post a Comment