Thursday, October 6, 2011

Under Construction

Ruth Graham was the wife of the Billy Graham, one of the most revered preachers of our time.  I recently saw a documentary on their life and was so impressed with the way she loved the Lord as well as her family.  Mr. Graham often said that his ministry wouldn't have been the same without her support.  But she had a ministry of her own.  She may not have been in front of thousands of people at a time calling them to Christ, but her words and actions were very powerful.  Mrs. Graham has been gone for a few years now, but her vision lives on.  I loved what she had inscribed on her grave, (no headstone, just a slab over her grave).  She had the words written: "End of construction.  Thank you for your patience." Wow!  A woman  who was chosen by one of most godly men on earth to be his wife felt like she was not complete until she died.  I'm sure her motto before death was "Still under construction."  She lived each day humbled, saying, "God is not done with me"!  She sought Him everyday.  She prayed for Him to build her up and mold her into a work of art. 
I'm so glad that I am still under construction.  I'm glad that I have the Master Builder working on me!  But I will be even happier when I can see God face to face and say, "End of construction. Thank you for your patience."

Peace,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment