Thursday, September 22, 2011

His Will His Way

I heard this phrase today as I was flicking stations on the TV.  A mindless act that I admit I do way too often.  Anyway, the words struck me.  His will, His way…I thought about the Lord’s Prayer.  How many times have I recited the words “His kingdom come, His will be done”?  A lot!  And what does that really mean?  His will be done?  Well it hit me.  It means what it says.  His will, not mine.  That’s a hard concept for a control freak like myself to accept.  Do you mean to tell me that I have to give up my right to control my own life and turn it over to God?  Wow.  Can I really do that?  Can you?  WE can!  We can let God take the burdens of everyday life off our shoulders and lay them on His.  We can allow Him to do some of the worrying.  All we have to do is trust.  Trust His will, and let Him do it His way!

Peace,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment