Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In Need

Last night we had a wonderful revival service at our church.  Brother Cliff said something that struck me. He made a comment that we should give to others out of our own needs.   I began to think of what that really meant and  the things that I really “needed”; acceptance, love, forgiveness.  I began to realize that I was not the only one who needed these things.  And so out of my needs, grew a simple conviction; I was going to give what I needed not just some of the time, but all of the time.   

I need acceptance, therefore I will accept others.  I need love, therefore I will love others, I need forgiveness, therefore I will forgive others.  I need hope, therefore I will give hope to others.  The list could go on and on. Do you think that God may have some of His own needs? Maybe not, but I do believe He has His own wants and desires.    He desires for us to be close to Him so He is close to us.  He desires for us to seek Him, so He seeks us.  He desires for us to listen to Him, so He listens to us. He desires for us to love Him, so He loves us.  If you are like me, you get your “wants” and your “needs” mixed up from time to time.  Simple fact is, all we need is Jesus, and all He wants is us!

Peace,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment