Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sunny Days

 Let my teaching fall like rain
   and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
   like abundant rain on tender plants.
 I will proclaim the name of the LORD.
   Oh, praise the greatness of our God!

Deuteronomy 32:1-3


I woke up today to sunny skies.  It had been awhile.  We sure did need the rain, but to be honest I was getting tired of it.  I did feel guilty about complaining, knowing how much the farmers needed it for their crops, but of course my selfish human nature kicked in.  In Deuteronomy 32:1-3, God speaks of His words falling down on us like showers on new grass.  When I read that this morning I couldn't help but think that  we not only need the rain sometimes to water crops and clean things up a bit, but we also need it to make us slow down.  I was forced to stay inside during the recent "downpours", and instead of thinking of all the errands I couldn't or didn't want to do in the rain, I should have been thinking of taking this opportunity to stop and listen.  Not only listen to the rain falling all around, but listen to God's words: "let my teaching fall like rain".  So next time it rains, I'm going to embrace it just like God embraces us each and every day!

Peace,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment