Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What Would You Do?

As we begin the Lenten season on Wednesday, I started thinking, what if I only had 40 days to live? Perhaps we have all known or heard of someone who went to the doctor for one minor problem, and then was told they had cancer and only months to live.  I can’t even imagine how that would feel, or what I would do.

While Jesus didn’t need a doctor to tell Him of His fate, He was still a man and had human feelings.  I can’t help but think that Jesus had this question on His mind because He did know the exact day and time He was going to die.(Matthew 26: 1-2)  How could He go on each day, knowing that His time was at hand?  Well according to the Bible He did just that..He went on each day doing the work His Heavenly Father sent Him to do.  He continued to preach and heal people.  He continued to walk with the poor and eat with the sinful and He continued to prepare Himself as a living sacafice for us.  

 As Jesus went about His business, what was He thinking as each day passed and He grew closer to the cross?  I think if I were in His sandals, I would be spending most of my time either begging God to change His mind, or trying to find a good place to hide!  

Thank goodness Jesus was faithful and brave.  He was God, but He was also a man.  He was a man who let His human side show when he prayed to His Father in the garden, “My Father if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.  Yet not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew 26:38  And He was God when he defeated death for our salvation. 

What would you do if you only had months to live?  I hope I would be like Jesus and be faithful to my Heavenly Father.  I hope that I would spend my last days living for Him, knowing that “not my will, but His will be done.”

Peace,
Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment