Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

“Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.”
Theodore Roosevelt

As Thanksgiving draws near I am tempted to think more about Christmas!  I must admit that I started decorating my house all ready.  I love the holidays and all that goes with them.  But I know that the feeling of Thanksgiving shouldn't just come once a year.  I love the quote above from Teddy Roosevelt.  How true that is.  We have been given a lot even if we don't think so!  We all have a place to live and food to eat.  We may not have all that we want, but we have all that we need.  That is certainly a reason to give thanks.  If we are to be Christlike in all we do, we need to start with our attitude of thanks.  I thank God daily for my blessings, but must admit that is as far as it goes most days.  I need to show my thanks to God by the attitude I have and the way I treat others.  I may not be able to support a hungry child half way around the world each month, or provide clothes and shelter for the homeless, but I can give a smile to the person who has no hope, I can give a kind word the person who is struggling with doubt and resentment, and I can give my time to listen to someone in need of an understanding ear.  By giving of myself to others I can thank God daily for all He has given me.
Live Thankfully
Peace,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment