Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chances

I heard a phrase a few months ago that I can’t seem to shake.  “Choose a second chance”.  I have thought about those words almost every day since I first heard them. They are four very simple but yet very profound words.  They are also words that are easy to say, but hard to live.   How many of us wish we had a second chance to say “I love you”, “I’m sorry”, or “I’m proud of you”?  Second chances seem to pass us by each day.  They are laid out before us, but we are too blind to see them.   We are blinded by fear, by pride, and by ignorance.  We fear that we don’t deserve a second chance, we are too prideful to say we need a second chance, and we are ignorant to the fact that we can be saved by a second chance.  Thank goodness that my God is a God of second chances.  Thank goodness that He looks beyond my fears, beyond my pride and beyond my ignorance.  He could have given up on me a long time ago.  But He didn’t.  He came to me with arms open wide...in His hands the gift of a second chance...the gift of eternal life.  If He did that for me (and you), shouldn’t we do that for each other? 
Is there someone in your life that deserves a second chance? Maybe you are the one who deserves that chance.  Maybe by accepting that chance you can learn to accept others for who they are and the chances they deserve.  Think about it, pray about it, and choose it.  God doesn’t offer something he doesn’t want you to have. 

Finding peace in a God of second chances,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment